Jabel Ali Mainland Company Formation
Jabel Ali Free Zone also referred to as JAFZA was established in 1985 by the Dubai government. It offers numerous business startup benefits that favor both local and foreign investors. In light of this, JAFZA is home to over 7000 companies and continues to attract more Indian based investors due to its developed infrastructure, business friendly environment, and strategic location. However, investors must adhere to the set Jabel Ali mainland company formation rules and requirements that entail determining the nature of company you prefer and the required licensure.
Types of company formations in JAFZA
- Branch company: Branch companies are legal entities under parent companies that are set outside JAFZA. As such, they operate under the name and structure of the parent company. Branch companies are ideal for business seeking to expand into the UAE region without having to set up a new company altogether.
- Free zone establishment (FZE): This company formation requires a single shareholder; an individual or company that registers the FZE in Jabel Ali free zone.
- Free zone company (FZCO): A free zone company should have at least 2 to 50 shareholders who work together to register the FZCO. Note that free zone company formations are the most common company setups in the JAFZA region.
Types of company licenses
- General trade license: This license allows companies to import, store, and distribute products as per the set JAFZA trade regulations.
- Trading license: Unlike the general trading licenses, companies operating under the trading license are allowed to import, store, and distribute products that are specified in the license.
- Service license: Service licenses allow investors to operate particular service businesses that are mentioned in parent company’s license.
- National industrial license: This license is required to conduct any industrial activity such as: assembling, manufacturing, exporting final products, and packaging. A national industrial license is offered to companies that are registered under a GCC national name, 51% of shares belong to a GCC national, and at least 40% of the manufacturing activities must be carried out in JAFZA.
Required JAFZA mainland company formation documents must be attested by the UAE embassy in India and notarized. A company license is issued within 2 business days after the approval of request documents that include; a JAFZA mainland company registration form, passport size photos and passport copies of all shareholders, a no objection letter from current sponsors, a project summary, and a duly filled environmental health and safety form.
The Jabel Ali free zone offers a myriad of company setup benefits that appeal to local and foreign investors hoping to expand their ventures locally and internationally. Our Indian offices have the best JAFZA mainland company formation consultants who guide through the company formation process and beyond. We ensure that you acquire the ideal business licensure and operate efficiently within JAFZA.