Tourism License in Dubai
Dubai along with other emirates has one of the evergreens and ever-growing business industries all over the world. Business industry in Dubai is rarely affected taking into consideration various factors that arise from time to time.
This form of business in Dubai gives investors one of the best opportunities when it comes to finding new investment areas. It has long been an attraction for investors from all over the world seeing its worth and the opportunity that it presents to the new investors. The city of Dubai is one of the most visited.
Various reasons make Dubai a perfect destination for investors to set up a tourism business. As everyone knows that Dubai has undergone a massive change in various areas it has become one of the globally recognized hotspots all over the globe for its modern architecture, warm beaches, good climate, and a continuously evolving vacationing culture.
Such factors become an important part of an investor’s decision-making when thinking about opening up a tourism business in Dubai as it will usher in a huge number of profits for the investors since the industry has become evergreen.
To set up a tourism business in Dubai, one needs to get the business registered with the department of economic development as well as with the department of Dubai tourism and commerce marketing.
The Dubai government has put on avail many tourism licenses and the investor must make the right decision when it comes to applying for a tourism business license.
The issuance of travel and tourism licenses is managed by the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM). if you want to start a travel and tourism business in Dubai, you’ll need to contact the same organization. Three forms of licenses are given in the travel and tourism industry, depending on the service.
In Dubai, while opening a tourism business investor can move an application for some licenses that are on offer in the city?
- Inbound tour operator license: – This type of license will enable a company to manage travel within the city, help in attending the events, visa service and can also provide transport services to the tourists.
- Outbound tourist license: – This license will enable the company to sell tourist packages outside of the country while employing the online medium or even can hire offline agent workers that can deal with such processes.
- Travel agent license: This type of license will enable the company to perform the functions of the vendor that can cater to the tickets and book-related services on part of their clients. It encompasses the ticketing services for flight, railway, bus, hotel, car rental services, and many other services as well
Documents needed to obtain a Dubai Tourism License
- Application form
- Applicant’s passport (copy)
- Proof of educational and professional qualification of manager
- The Company owner and the manager should produce a certificate that endorses no criminal record.
- Civil Aviation Authority’s NOC.
Tourism license Fee
To boost and assist investors seeking a tourism license in Dubai, the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing, DTCM Authority, announced a new regulation in mid-October 2018, removing the requirement for a bank guarantee of AED 100,000 – AED 200,000 for each operation such as inbound tour operator, outbound tour operator, and travel agent.
This greatly decreases the initial investment and expense of acquiring a Dubai tourism license. The 300-square-foot minimum requirement has also been eliminated. Documents such as experience letters and educational certificates for managers in the same area, which were previously required, have been eliminated, enabling new investors in the field to apply for a tourism license in Dubai.
Who should apply for a tourism license?
Business establishments that require a valid Tourism License for operation in Dubai and UAE are:
- Travel firms
- Car rental firms
- Travel agents
As the process of setting up a tourism business in Dubai is completed within a legal framework and the license has been issued for the same the owner can perform many tasks such as:
- Travel insurance can be issued.
- Tourism packages can be put on sale both via online and offline mediums.
- Supporting services related to visa services can be started.
- Accommodation and stay choices can be offered to clients from an available, wide range.
- The business can also be used to sell flight, railway, and bus tickets to tourists.
- Tourists can also be provided with the facility of renting a car.
- One can also put on sale various adventure packages.
Advantages of having a tourism license in Dubai
Tourism business licenses have always been in high demand in the UAE, especially in Dubai. The latest regulations would have the following effect on Dubai’s tourism licenses:
- The advantage of having an inbound, outbound tour operator, and a travel agent all under one license with no extra fees or bank guarantees.
- Reduces the license setup’s initial expense.
- Will assist in empowering the company to work in the tourism industry both within and outside of the region.
- Can put on shows and exhibits as well as plan global conferences.
- With a travel agent license, the company can sell airline tickets as well as visit visas (subject to Immigration approval) in the UAE.
- The company will provide lodging, arrange guided/planned tours, and provide transportation to clients since it has a travel agent and an Inbound Tourism license.
- Dubai, which is known for its high quality of infrastructure and tourism attractions, has always strived to be the best travel destination, and investors in a tourism license will always benefit from the government’s rules and regulations.