17 Mar How To Get UAE Residency Visa 2021
What is a resident visa in UAE?
UAE residency visa allows foreigners to stay in the country for an extended period of time. The visa will be valid for a period of two to ten years, and it can be extended as many times as necessary.
Many foreign families have resided in the UAE for decades, renewing their visas on a constant basis. There is no such thing as a permanent residency in the UAE.
Being a permanent resident of the UAE simply entails having a visa stamp in your passport and living in the country on a regular basis.
How To Get UAE residency?
- Get employed
- Enroll in a college or university
- Own property with a value of over 1 million AED
- Open a business
- Be a dependent (it can be a child or a retired parent of a resident)
What are the requirements for a UAE Residence Visa?
- Two passport-size pictures, in line with UAE visa photo requirements
- Your entry visa
- Your original passport
- The UAE Visa Application Form obtained online or through the relevant typing center
- Proof you have passed a medical fitness test (For family visas, include proof of family ties, such as birth/marriage certificates)
- Proof of your sponsor’s legal residency / UAE citizenship
- Proof of UAE health insurance plan
- For a work visa, your sponsor must include the work contract and copies of the company’s valid trade license and valid firm card
- For family visas, include proof of family ties, such as birth/marriage certificates
Once you’ve arrived in the UAE, you’ll need to apply for a Residence Visa, which requires you to first obtain an entry permit. In most cases, you cannot apply for a residence visa on your own, just as you cannot apply for an entry permit, you must have a sponsor, such as your employer, spouse, or other family members. However, in certain cases, you may be your own sponsor.
- For a UAE Work Visa, your employer is your sponsor
- For a UAE Student Visa, your school is your sponsor
- For a UAE Family Visa, your family member is your sponsor
- If you are an investor or buy property in the UAE, you can apply yourself and your company/property serves as sponsorship
How to apply for a UAE Residence Visa?
First, your sponsor has to get an Entry Permit for you at one of the following:
- The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship
- The ICA’s e-channel portal
- The mobile apps for Apple and Android
- The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – GDRFA either online (see the websites below) or in-person. If your host applies in-person they must do so through one of the licensed typing centers of the GDRFA in each Emirate or through one of the Amer centers in Dubai.
- GDRFA Dubai mobile apps for Apple and Android
Once you’ve arrived in the country, your sponsor must apply for a Residence Visa with the appropriate emirate’s General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA).
The sponsor will also pay a UAE Residence Visa cost at the time of issuance, which will vary depending on the validity of the visa.
UAE Residence Visa fees
The fees for a UAE Residence Visa change depending on what duration your visa is issued for. For three years, the UAE Residence Visa cost is AED1650. Additionally, you will also have to pay for Emirates id, Medical test, Visa stamping, and insurance.
What are the types of residence visas in the UAE?
Resident visa through employment
If a foreign national is hired in the UAE, he or she will need a resident visa to work and live legally in the country. The visa will be sponsored by the employer. A business from the UAE mainland, a Free zone jurisdiction, or a UAE government body may be the employer.
If the employee was employed outside of the UAE, the work visa would allow him or her to enter the UAE. After entering the country, the employee must pass a medical exam and complete the emirates identity card biometrics in order to receive a resident visa and Emirate ID Card. If the employee was employed in the region, and in-country application may be used to adjust the employee’s visa status.
Investor visa or Partner visa
Foreign nationals, who own a company, hold shares in an established firm, or expatriates who want to start their own business in the UAE are eligible for a company investor visa.
The investor visa for companies is valid for three years and can be extended. This form of visa allows the holder to legally live and work in the UAE, as well as support the visas of his or her family members.
- Investor Visa for Public Investments of at least AED 10 Million
- In the UAE, an expatriate investor may apply for a 10-year residency visa. The following are the investment requirements:
- A deposit of at least AED 10 million in a domestic investment fund
- Creating a business in the UAE with a minimum capital of AED 10 million
- Invest in an existing or new business with a minimum share value of 10 million AED.
- Having a total investment of not less than AED 10 million in all areas listed, with the exception of real estate, which must account for at least 60% of the total investment.
Resident Visa through Family Sponsorship
A foreign national who has secured a UAE resident visa can sponsor the resident visa of their families. The requirements are:
- For an investor who would like to sponsor his family, a refundable deposit of AED 3,000 for each family member is required.
- Employees can sponsor their families regardless of their job title and the minimum salary requirement is AED 4,000 or AED 3,000 plus accommodation per month.
- Employees can sponsor the visa of their parents. The minimum monthly salary requirement is above AED 5,000. Both parents must be sponsored. If one parent is deceased, then a death certificate will be required.
Resident Visa for Domestic Workers
The UAE national or an expatriate resident in UAE can recruit a domestic worker under their personal sponsorship. The category of domestic workers is – housemaid, babysitter, cook, private driver, housekeeper, and similar. The domestic worker must have a resident visa to legally work in UAE.
Specialist Resident Visa in UAE
Doctors, specialists, scientists, inventors, and innovative people in the fields of culture and art are examples of professional talents and researchers in the fields of science and knowledge. All groups must have a valid employment contract in the UAE in a priority specialized sector.
Resident Visa for Students
To enroll in a university in the UAE, an expatriate must first obtain a resident visa. The student visa is valid for 12 months and can be extended once a year until the end of his or her university program.
Outstanding students with a 95 percent grade in public and private high schools can be given a 5-year resident visa.