17 Mar How To Get UAE Residency Visa 2021
What is a resident visa in UAE?
UAE residence visa allows foreigners to stay in the country for an extended period of time. The visa will be valid for a period of two to ten years, and it can be extended as many times as necessary.
Many foreign families have resided in the UAE for decades, renewing their visas on a constant basis. There is no such thing as a permanent residency in the UAE.
Being a permanent resident of the UAE simply entails having a visa stamp in your passport and living in the country on a regular basis.
How To Get UAE residency?
- Get employed
- Enroll in a college or university
- Own property with a value of over 1 million AED
- Open a business
- Be a dependent (it can be a child or a retired parent of a resident)
What are the requirements for a UAE Residence Visa?
- Two passport-size pictures, in line with UAE visa photo requirements
- Your entry visa
- Your original passport
- The UAE Visa Application Form obtained online or through the relevant typing center
- Proof you have passed a medical fitness test (For family visas, include proof of family ties, such as birth/marriage certificates)
- Proof of your sponsor’s legal residency / UAE citizenship
- Proof of UAE health insurance plan
- For a work visa, your sponsor must include the work contract and copies of the company’s valid trade license and valid firm card
- For family visas, include proof of family ties, such as birth/marriage certificates
Once you’ve arrived in the UAE, you’ll need to apply for a Residence Visa, which requires you to first obtain an entry permit. In most cases, you cannot apply for a residence visa on your own, just as you cannot apply for an entry permit, you must have a sponsor, such as your employer, spouse, or other family members. However, in certain cases, you may be your own sponsor.
- For a UAE Work Visa, your employer is your sponsor
- For a UAE Student Visa, your school is your sponsor
- For a UAE Family Visa, your family member is your sponsor
- If you are an investor or buy property in the UAE, you can apply yourself and your company/property serves as sponsorship
How to apply for a UAE Residence Visa?
First, your sponsor has to get an Entry Permit for you at one of the following:
- The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship
- The ICA’s e-channel portal
- The mobile apps for Apple and Android
- The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – GDRFA either online (see the websites below) or in-person. If your host applies in-person they must do so through one of the licensed typing centers of the GDRFA in each Emirate or through one of the Amer centers in Dubai.
- GDRFA Dubai mobile apps for Apple and Android
Once you’ve arrived in the country, your sponsor must apply for a UAE residency visa with the appropriate emirate’s General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA).
The sponsor will also pay a UAE Residency Visa cost at the time of issuance, which will vary depending on the validity of the visa.
UAE Residence Visa fees
The fees for a UAE Residence Visa change depending on what duration your visa is issued for. For three years, the UAE Residence Visa cost is AED1650. Additionally, you will also have to pay for Emirates id, Medical test, Visa stamping, and insurance.
What are the types of residence visas in the UAE?
Resident visa through employment
If a foreign national is hired in the UAE, he or she will need a resident visa to work and live legally in the country. The visa will be sponsored by the employer. A business from the UAE mainland, a Free zone jurisdiction, or a UAE government body may be the employer.
If the employee was employed outside of the UAE, the work visa would allow him or her to enter the UAE. After entering the country, the employee must pass a medical exam and complete the emirates identity card biometrics in order to receive a resident visa and Emirate ID Card. If the employee was employed in the region, an in-country application may be used to adjust the employee’s visa status.
Investor visa or Partner visa
Foreign nationals, who own a company, hold shares in an established firm, or expatriates who want to start their own business in the UAE are eligible for a company investor visa.
The investor visa for companies is valid for three years and can be extended. This form of visa allows the holder to legally live and work in the UAE, as well as support the visas of his or her family members.
Read More about: How to get an investor visa in Dubai
Resident Visa through Family Sponsorship
A foreign national who has secured a UAE resident visa can sponsor the resident visa of their families. The requirements are:
- For an investor who would like to sponsor his family, a refundable deposit of AED 3,000 for each family member is required.
- Employees can sponsor their families regardless of their job title and the minimum salary requirement is AED 4,000 or AED 3,000 plus accommodation per month.
- Employees can sponsor the visa of their parents. The minimum monthly salary requirement is above AED 5,000. Both parents must be sponsored. If one parent is deceased, then a death certificate will be required.
Resident Visa for Domestic Workers
The UAE national or an expatriate resident in UAE can recruit a domestic worker under their personal sponsorship. The category of domestic workers is – housemaid, babysitter, cook, private driver, housekeeper, and similar. The domestic worker must have a resident visa to legally work in UAE.
Specialist Resident Visa in UAE
Doctors, specialists, scientists, inventors, and innovative people in the fields of culture and art are examples of professional talents and researchers in the fields of science and knowledge. All groups must have a valid employment contract in the UAE in a priority specialized sector.
Resident Visa for Students
To enroll in a university in the UAE, an expatriate must first obtain a resident visa. The student visa is valid for 12 months and can be extended once a year until the end of his or her university program.
Outstanding students with a 95 percent grade in public and private high schools can be given a 5-year resident visa.
Benefits of having a UAE residence visa
- Open a bank account.
- Access financial facilities.
- Apply for a driving license.
- Access government health services and health insurance.
- Register his/her children in government schools and in private schools.
- Work and invest.
UAE Family Residence Visa Renewal Fees 2021
If you are an expat living in Dubai with your family for a long time then with this blog you can easily learn all the latest news about UAE family residence visa renewal fees 2021 as well as UAE residence visa renewal fee 2021
The population of UAE, especially its workforce, majorly consists of expatriates. They have resided along with their families in the UAE for decades, renewing their residence visas on a constant basis because the UAE does not grant permanent residency visas to expats.
Most people visit the UAE as tourists and continue to stay in the country even after their visa expires. In such cases, they are charged an amount as an overstay fine. They must renew their visa before the due date to avoid these penalty fees. If they want to renew their visa again, they will have to go back to their country of residence and return, apply for the visa again, and return after a month.
In this article, you will also learn all there is to know about UAE residence visa rules and regulations in 2021.
What are UAE Family Visa Rules 2021?
Following is a list of UAE family visa rules in 2021:
- Both employers and employees with a valid residence visa and a minimum salary of AED 4,000 or AED 3,000 plus accommodation can sponsor their families.
- The type of profession is no longer a criterion for a family visa in UAE.
- If the father is residing in the UAE and is able to sponsor his children, then the mother is not allowed to sponsor them.
- A UAE family visa is issued depending on the nature of work and the labor contract.
- Resident sponsors have 60 days’ time to apply for their dependents’ residence visas after they enter the UAE.
- In order to obtain your family visa in UAE, the applicant aged 18+ should undergo a medical fitness test at government-approved health centers in the UAE.
- You need to submit an authenticated marriage certificate to sponsor your wife. The certificate must be duly translated into Arabic by a certified translator.
- In certain strict cases, Muslims are permitted to sponsor two wives, only if they meet all the necessary conditions.
- Residents can only sponsor their daughters if they are unmarried.
- Residents can sponsor their son up to the age of 18. If your son is studying he can be sponsored till the age of 21.
- An expatriate resident can sponsor their stepchildren subject to GDRFA’s guidelines.
- An employee can sponsor both parents. To do so, you must submit a guarantee for each parent stipulated by the respective immigration department.
- A woman can sponsor her family if she holds a residence visa with a monthly salary not less than AED 8000 plus accommodation.
- The resident woman should be an engineer, nurse, teacher, doctor, or any other professional related to the medical sector.
What is the UAE Family Visa Cost 2021
Resident visa cost in Dubai or UAE is based on some important factors like the place of the applicant, duration of their residence, insurance required for the family members, etc. Based on those factors below is a specified list of (approximate) Dubai family visa fees 2021 and UAE residence visa fees 2021:
- 2 year UAE residence visa fees 2021 for applicants in Dubai without insurance will be approximately AED 3500.
- Same for an applicant in Dubai with insurance will be approximately AED 5272.
- For a 2 year, UAE family visa cost 2021 for applicants out of Dubai without insurance will be approximately AED 2200.
- Same for an applicant out of Dubai with insurance will be approximately AED 3972.
- 3 year Dubai residence visa cost 2021 for applicants in Dubai without insurance will be approximately AED 3700.
- Same for an applicant in Dubai with insurance will be approximately AED 5472.
- 3-year residence visa Dubai cost for applicants out of Dubai without insurance will be approximately AED 2400.
- Same for an applicant out of Dubai with insurance will be approximately AED 4172.
How to Renew your UAE Family Residence Visa?
The sponsors must renew their family residence visa before it expires the grace period of 30 days to stay in the UAE. Remember to get it renewed before the end of the grace period to avoid incurring fines and easily pay your UAE family residence visa renewal fees 2021 or Dubai residence visa renewal fees 2021.
However, if need be, you can easily get it renewed two months before its expiry date. In special cases, it is a must to take permission from the GDRFA authorities to renew it before six months of the expiry date.
What are the Requirements for UAE Family Residence Visa Renewal?
Before your get to know UAE family residence visa renewal fees 2021, below is a list of requirements for the renewal process:
- A resident employed in the UAE can renew the visa of their family members, subject to conditions that include the minimum salary of AED 4000 or AED 3,500 plus company accommodation.
- The approved medical test report is necessary for those above 18 for each sponsored.
- To renew the residence visa, you must renew your Emirates ID first.
- Health Insurance is mandatory in Dubai. Family members should at least have basic health cover.
What is the UAE Family Residence Visa Renewal Fees 2021?
If you are an Indian national and hold a normal passport (Valid for 6 months) from the arrival date, you will easily be issued a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 14 days. The cost for an arrival permit is 100 UAD.
The same goes for those who hold a USA green card (valid for 6 months), UK residency visa, or EU residency visa. However, Only Indian and USA residents are allowed to extend their visit visa once, for up to 14 days. The UAE family residence visa renewal fees 2021 for Indians and USA residents are 250 AED and 20 AED is charged for service.
Dubai residency visa fees 2021
If you are an expat and want to renew your visa, you can get in touch with the legal advisors at Shuraa India to know more about Dubai residence visa fees 2021 or UAE family residence visa renewal fees 2021. They will assist you throughout the UAE visa renewal process along with handling all the paperwork. All you have to do is contact us and we will take care of the rest!
Click here to book a free consultation with our experts and know more about Dubai residence visa or call at +91 80109 90022 or leave us a message on our WhatsApp contact at +91 73038 78183. For email assistance, mail your query at email@example.com.