17 Mar How To Get UAE Residency Visa 2023
Dubai is increasingly becoming an attractive place to live. As such, the demand for a Dubai residence visa is increasing. Besides the beautiful weather and beaches, Dubai offers an excellent infrastructure and a myriad of magnificent skyscrapers. The city hosts some of the world’s largest malls, the tallest buildings, most elite restaurants, and nightlife spots. This makes the UAE residency visa so attractive.
There are several ways in which you can obtain a UAE residency visa. Read till the end to know everything you need to know about a Dubai residency visa.
What Are the Types of Dubai Residence Visa?
Your residence visa depends on the purpose of your stay in Dubai. Currently, UAE offers 5 kinds of residence visas and they are as follows:
- The UAE Investment Visa (long-term residency) is for foreigners who make a significant investment in the UAE. This visa is valid for a longer period than other resident visas (up to ten years) and does not require a sponsor if you qualify.
- The UAE Family Visa for close family members of UAE citizens/international residents. The UAE does not yet recognize same-sex marriages. Besides the minimum salary requirements, males can sponsor their wives, sons, daughters, parents, and stepchildren; women can sponsor their husbands and children.
- UAE Work Visa for foreigners who have found work in the UAE and secured a Work Permit. For a work visa, the minimum age of the employee should be 18. Furthermore, there are 3 categories – Category 1 for individuals with at least a bachelor’s degree; Category 2 for those with a post-secondary diploma; Category 3 for individuals with a high school diploma
What Documents Are Required to Apply for a Dubai Residence Visa?
- Original passport
- Two passport-sized photographs, following UAE visa photo criteria
- Entry Visa (Entry Permit)
- Documents such as birth/marriage certificates if applying for a family visa.
- Extra document related to your travel purpose
Who Will Sponsor Your UAE Residence Visa?
A UAE residence visa necessitates a sponsor. These sponsors change depending on your residence visa type. However, under certain circumstances, you can be your sponsor.
The following will be your sponsors:
- If you have investments or have brought property, you can apply yourself; your company or property will serve as a sponsor
- For a family visa, your family member will be your sponsor
What Are Residence Visa Fees for Dubai?
The UAE residence visa fee for 2 Years is approx. AED 4,000
How Long Can You Stay in Dubai?
A Dubai residence visa allows you to stay for 2, or 3 years depending on the purpose of your travel. However, if you are on an investment or retirement visa, you can stay up to 5-10 years. All of these visas are renewable.
Your sponsor must renew your visa within 30 days before its expiry. It is also possible to renew an expired visa if it is in its grace period. The grace period is for 30 days, starting after the expiry. However, if you stay beyond 30 days with an expired visa, you will be fined AED 25 for every day for the first 6 months; AED 50 every day for the next 6 months, and AED 100 per day after a year.
Benefits of having a UAE residence visa
- Open a bank account.
- Access financial facilities.
- Apply for a driving license.
- Access government health services and health insurance.
- Register his/her children in government schools and in private schools.
- Work and invest.
UAE Family Residence Visa Renewal Fees 2023
If you are an expat living in Dubai with your family for a long time then with this blog you can easily learn all the latest news about UAE family residence visa renewal fees 2023 as well as UAE residence visa renewal fees 2023
The population of UAE, especially its workforce, majorly consists of expatriates. They have resided along with their families in the UAE for decades, renewing their residence visas on a constant basis because the UAE does not grant permanent residency visas to expats.
Most people visit the UAE as tourists and continue to stay in the country even after their visa expires. In such cases, they are charged an amount as an overstay fine. They must renew their visa before the due date to avoid these penalty fees. If they want to renew their visa again, they will have to go back to their country of residence and return, apply for the visa again, and return after a month.
In this article, you will also learn all there is to know about UAE residence visa rules and regulations in 2023.
UAE residence visa processing time 2023
If done correctly, applying for a residency visa in the UAE is a simple process. The UAE residence visa processing time is not more than 7–10 days.
What are UAE Family Visa Rules 2023?
Following is a list of UAE family visa rules in 2023:
- Both employers and employees with a valid residence visa and a minimum salary of AED 4,000 or AED 3,000 plus accommodation can sponsor their families.
- The type of profession is no longer a criterion for a family visa in UAE.
- If the father is residing in the UAE and is able to sponsor his children, then the mother is not allowed to sponsor them.
- A UAE family visa is issued depending on the nature of work and the labor contract.
- Resident sponsors have 60 days’ time to apply for their dependents’ residence visas after they enter the UAE.
- In order to obtain your family visa in UAE, the applicant aged 18+ should undergo a medical fitness test at government-approved health centers in the UAE.
- You need to submit an authenticated marriage certificate to sponsor your wife. The certificate must be duly translated into Arabic by a certified translator.
- In certain strict cases, Muslims are permitted to sponsor two wives, only if they meet all the necessary conditions.
- Residents can only sponsor their daughters if they are unmarried.
- Residents can sponsor their son up to the age of 18. If your son is studying he can be sponsored till the age of 21.
- An expatriate resident can sponsor their stepchildren subject to GDRFA’s guidelines.
- An employee can sponsor both parents. To do so, you must submit a guarantee for each parent stipulated by the respective immigration department.
- A woman can sponsor her family if she holds a residence visa with a monthly salary not less than AED 8000 plus accommodation.
- The resident woman should be an engineer, nurse, teacher, doctor, or any other professional related to the medical sector.
What is the UAE Family Visa Cost 2023
Resident visa cost in Dubai or UAE is based on some important factors like the place of the applicant, duration of their residence, insurance required for the family members, etc. Based on those factors below is a specified list of (approximate) Dubai family visa fees in 2023 and UAE residence visa fees in 2023:
- 2 years residence visa in Dubai cost 2023 for applicants in Dubai without insurance will be approximately AED 3500.
- The same for an applicant in Dubai with insurance will be approximately AED 5272.
- For a 2-year, UAE family visa cost of 2023 for applicants out of Dubai without insurance will be approximately AED 2200.
- The same for an applicant out of Dubai with insurance will be approximately AED 3972.
- A 3-year Dubai residence visa cost of 2023 for applicants in Dubai without insurance will be approximately AED 3700.
- The same for an applicant in Dubai with insurance will be approximately AED 5472.
- The 3-year residence visa Dubai cost for applicants out of Dubai without insurance will be approximately AED 2400.
- The same for an applicant out of Dubai with insurance will be approximately AED 4172.
How to Renew your UAE Family Residence Visa?
The sponsors must renew their family residence visa before it expires the grace period of 30 days to stay in the UAE. Remember to get it renewed before the end of the grace period to avoid incurring fines and easily pay your UAE family residence visa renewal fees 2023 or Dubai residence visa renewal fees 2023.
However, if need be, you can easily get it renewed two months before its expiry date. In special cases, it is a must to take permission from the GDRFA authorities to renew it before six months of the expiry date.
What are the Requirements for UAE Family Residence Visa Renewal?
Before your get to know UAE family residence visa renewal fees 2023, below is a list of requirements for the renewal process:
- A resident employed in the UAE can renew the visa of their family members, subject to conditions that include the minimum salary of AED 4000 or AED 3,500 plus company accommodation.
- The approved medical test report is necessary for those above 18 for each sponsored.
- To renew the residence visa, you must renew your Emirates ID first.
- Health Insurance is mandatory in Dubai. Family members should at least have basic health cover.
What are the UAE Family Residence Visa Renewal Fees for 2023?
If you are an Indian national and hold a normal passport (Valid for 6 months) from the arrival date, you will easily be issued a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 14 days. The cost for an arrival permit is 100 UAD.
The same goes for those who hold a USA green card (valid for 6 months), UK residency visa, or EU residency visa. However, Only Indian and USA residents are allowed to extend their visit visa once, for up to 14 days. The UAE family residence visa renewal fees in 2023 for Indians and USA residents are 250 AED and 20 AED is charged for service.
Dubai residency visa fees 2023
If you are an expat and want to renew your visa, you can get in touch with the legal advisors at Shuraa India to know more about Dubai residence visa fees 2023 or UAE family residence visa renewal fees 2023. They will assist you throughout the UAE visa renewal process along with handling all the paperwork. All you have to do is contact us and we will take care of the rest!
Click here to book a free consultation with our experts and know more about Dubai residence visa or call at +91 8010990022. For email assistance, mail your query at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Your UAE Residence Visa With Shuraa
Now that you know all the necessary information about the Dubai Residency visa, what are you waiting for? Dubai is a great place to spend your days and enjoy your nights. Though the process is simple, to avoid any mishaps with the documentation, we suggest you take assistance from the experts.
You can connect with Shuraa India Branch who will guide you at every step, help prepare all the documents, and acquire required permissions and approvals. All you need to do is call us and tell us your business requirements, and we will take care of it all.