16 May How Can I Register a Trade Name in UAE?
Given the commendable infrastructure, diverse cultural environment, lucrative business environment, and ease of business set up in the UAE, more and more entrepreneurs are going for trade name registration in Dubai.
Although the process of setting up a company in Dubai may seem intimidating to a few, it is pretty straightforward, and if you get the right help and guidance, you can complete it in a matter of days.
One of the company formation steps is company name registration in Dubai. The process is pretty simple and only takes around one to two days. However, there are specific guidelines and naming requirements you must comply with for your company name approval. This blog will walk you through all there is to know about trade name registration in UAE.
What Is the Purpose of Company Name Registration in the UAE?
If you want to operate a business entity legally in the UAE, trade name registration in Dubai is a mandatory requirement. Trade name registration helps distinguish companies from each other and indicates the nature of the business. You must register your company name with the Department of Economic Development, complying with the established guidelines that you will read ahead.
What Are the Guidelines for Trade Name Registration in Dubai?
In order to get your trade name approved, you must comply with the guidelines established by the Department of Economic Development for trade name registration in Dubai. Here’s what you need to keep in mind while choosing a name for your company:
- Make sure to check whether the name you choose is clashing with an already registered company. You must change it as DED will not approve and could even charge you for copyright infringement if it does.
- You must avoid using abbreviations for the name as it may get confusing and won’t indicate what the company is all about.
- It is crucial to keep in mind that the use of any foul, inappropriate words in the name of your company is prohibited. The name must not hurt the sentiments of any person. Moreover, it can make your company name unattractive and displeasing.
- There should be no mention or reference to God, religion, caste, community, or gender. It is best to use words that directly relate to your business.
- The name of your company must end with the initials of your company structure or, in other words, the legal business acronym—for example, LLC or Services.
- If your trade name includes a region or a trademark, specific words such as Gulf, an Arabic name, it will be considered as a premium trade name and priced accordingly.
- Your trade name must not begin with words such as ‘International,’ ‘Middle East,’ or ‘Universal,’ or their Arabic translations.
- If you wish to name your company after the name of a person, use their full name. You can include their first name but cannot use their last name alone.
What Is the Process of Trade Name Registration in Dubai?
To register your company name, you can visit one of the service centers of the Department of Economic Development (DED) of the emirate you are registering your company in. You also have the option to apply online via the department’s website. Moreover, you can also partner with a SHURAA business consultant to initiate and reserve a trade name on your behalf.
What Is the Cost of Trade Name Registration in the UAE?
The cost of registering your trade name depends on the emirate in which you want to incorporate your business. Also, it depends on the type of trade name that you choose. In Dubai, for reference, the Department of Economic Department (DED) handles the trade name registration.
The best part? Trade name registration cost in Dubai is affordable. It can be anywhere between AED 620 and AED 2000, depending on the use of foreign names, numerical words, or regional references.
If you wish to register a trademark for your company, it can cost you anywhere near AED 8,700 in the UAE. This cost does not include the publishing fee. You must pay an additional fee of AED 1,000 for publishing the trademark in the official journal.
What Is the Validity of a Registered Trade Name in the UAE?
A registered trade name is valid for six months in the UAE. After six months, the trade name certificate will expire, and you must reserve the trade name again. Note that you have to pay the registration fee again to get it renewed.
Complete Your Trade Name Reservation Process With Shuraa India
Now that you’ve read this blog, you know that the process is quite simple and easy to follow. All you need to do is make sure to follow the steps carefully and ensure the information you submit with DED is accurate. Moreover, comply with the established guidelines, and you can easily register your company name in Dubai. You can fasten the process of trade name registration in Dubai by partnering with company formation experts. They’re well versed with the process and can complete it much faster than you would by yourself.
The company formation experts at Shuraa India Branch have a thorough knowledge of all the steps involved in the company formation process. If you partner with them, they will walk you through the process, explain all the legal guidelines of trade name registration and acquire necessary permission on your behalf.
Moreover, they will complete the process in just a few hours, which could otherwise take up to 2 days. What’s best is that they will get it done at the least possible cost. To seek help from the Shuraa India Branch, all you need to do is call us, share all your business details and requirements, and we will take care of the rest.