22 Jun How Can I Get Home Business License in Dubai?
Home-based businesses are becoming increasingly popular in Dubai. More and more businesses are breaking the confines of the conventional office. Moreover, the pandemic also made many people well-versed in working from home. Dubai is one of the greatest destinations in the world for home-based businesses because of its tax exemptions, competitive economy, strategic position, avant-garde infrastructure, modern technology, and many other advantages.
If you want to reward the entrepreneur inside you with the finest of the facilities, a home-based business in Dubai appears to be a promising decision. But, before you begin, you will require a home business license. Here’s everything you need to know about a home business license In Dubai.
What Are the Benefits of Home-Based Business in Dubai?
A home-based business is a venture that you can start and operate in your own home as your base of operations. Setting up a home-based business in Dubai comes with a host of benefits.
- According to a survey by the job portal Bayt.com, almost 87% of freelance professionals said demand for their services has increased since the start of the Covid-19 outbreak, and 78% said they want to undertake more freelance work in 2022.
- 99% of the total population of the UAE uses social media. So, you can market your home-based business using social media platforms.
- The presence of various companies in the mainland and free zones can give you ample scope for B2B opportunities.
- There will be no costs associated with commuting to work. Moreover, you’ll be able to devote those extra hours to other aspects of your business.
- Your home-based business will not have to pay for office space. This would also reduce the amount of money needed to get started, such as signing a lease, purchasing furniture, and setting up a business phone system, computers and other office equipment.
- A trustworthy Point Of Sale system is essential for any home-based business. Dubai, as one of the world’s most technologically advanced Emirates, will provide you with the necessary POS and other technology tools.
- Dubai’s seaports and airports are in highly connected areas, making logistics convenient. You can take advantage of the availability of manufacturers, producers, and suppliers.
- In Dubai, you can have complete control over your home-based business. Furthermore, all income and capital invested can be fully repatriated. In addition, Dubai offers a tax-free environment. As a result, your company will not have to pay any taxes.
How to Get a Home Business Licence?
You will have to go through a simple, streamlined process to obtain a home business license in Dubai. The license would authorise you to operate your home-based business in Dubai legally. These steps will help you understand how to apply for the license.
1. Decide the Business Activity
The first step in acquiring a home-based business license is to choose a business activity. The United Arab Emirates permits a wide range of business activities. It takes a lot of time with consistent hard work to get your business running. So, pick a business activity that you can carry out confidently.
2. Register the Name
The name of your home-based business will reflect its identity. So, choose a suitable name for your home-based business.
Avoid using any obscene or blasphemous name. Avoid well-known corporate names and acronyms if you are naming your home-based business after yourself. Check if the name you want to use is available for registration. Then, register the name of your home-based business with the concerned authorities.
3. Decide Your Company Structure
It’s vital to choose a proper company structure for your home-based business. An appropriate company structure is a crucial factor when it comes to your home-based business’ success, growth, and profit. It ensures that responsibilities are clearly defined.
Thus, select a suitable structure for your business. The structure could be a Sole proprietorship or Limited Liability Company (LLC).
4. Apply for the Licence
Make sure you apply for the appropriate license for the activity your home-based business will be performing. If you have decided that the Dubai mainland is a preferable location for your home-based business, you can reach out to Shuraa Business Setup.
Alternatively, if you have decided on a free zone location, you can apply directly to the free zone of your choice. You do not need additional approvals to operate in free zones because they are self-regulated, making the procedure faster and more efficient. A home-based business does not need a separate space as its office location. However, there are many other important conditions to meet before applying for the license.
5. Get Your Home-Based Business Licence
You can receive your home-based business license once you have concluded all the steps successfully.
What Are the Documents Required?
You have to submit some documents before you start the process of getting a license for your home-based business. Correct and valid documentation will prevent any obstacles in the application process.
Following are some of the documents you will need to submit to the concerned authorities:
- Copies of passports and visas of you and your partners
- Two coloured passport-size photographs of you and your partners
- Entry visa and stamp pages
The home-based business owner should meet some conditions before applying for a home business license in Dubai. The experts at Shuraa Business Setup can assist you with the complete list of conditions, required documents, fees, and other aspects.
What Is the Cost of Getting a Home Business License In Dubai?
There are many criteria that determine the home business license cost in Dubai. These criteria include the size of your business, the activities you want to engage in, the quantity of raw material you need, and more. So providing a precise figure is impossible. However, the UAE authorities being extremely cooperative ease getting a home business license in Dubai.
Experts at the Shuraa Business Setup will assist you in understanding the license prices. They would also ensure that you do not spend more than required.
Start Your Home Business With Shuraa
Although the process to set up a home business is comparatively easy and straightforward, assistance from experts will do no harm. Shura’s skilled consultants will walk you through the process of obtaining a home-based business license. We will also guide you through the most recent government regulations.
Also, Shuraa experts will provide you with an updated and detailed list of documentation you will need to submit to the relevant authorities. We will also help you organise them and get additional permits if needed. Shuraa Business Setup will ease the process of starting a home business in Dubai. To get started, simply get in touch with us!