Dubai is one of the fastest growing economies of the world and such it makes for an ideal trading hub. Among the many business opportunities available in Dubai, import export business is among the major businesses. And looking into the records of past few years the import export business in Dubai has been one of the most profitable business.
Along with the modern infrastructure, the geographical position of UAE makes it very popular for the export and import business. Dubai government has started many initiatives to support this business and one among them being is eservices which the companies can use to work in more efficient ways.
Import Export Business License in Dubai
In order to start the export import business in Dubai, it is imperative that one gets the required license from the concerned authorities. The procedure for obtaining the import export license is fairly simple and can be done online as well. In case anyone is importing or exporting any of the items that fall under the special or restricted category, a special license needs to be obtained from the customs office.
Both import and export business gets a license that explains the procedure of the business that is intended to be carried out. As the name suggest import license is required to get or purchase commodities from outside of UAE, while as export license is required when anyone wants to trade in goods produced locally and intends to supply them outside UAE.
- Bank Account Opening in Dubai
- How To Start A Limited Liability Company In Dubai
- How To Start A Foodstuff Trading Business In Dubai
- How To Start A Garments Trading Company In Dubai
- How to set up a business in Dubai mainland.
- How to get Import Export business license in Dubai.
- How to get investor visa in Dubai
- Best Pro Services in Dubai.
- Office Spaces for rent in Dubai.
- How to Choose a Business Consultant in Dubai?
- What's the best way for Dubai Company Incorporation?
- Why start your business in Dubai?
- How to open a travel agency in Dubai
- How to get a Trading License in Dubai
- How to start a business in Dubai free zone
- How to get a Virtual Company License in Dubai
Apart from the getting the required license, a registration has to be done with the customs department of UAE. Carrying out import business in Dubai requires an import code in order to bring in goods from sea or air into UAE. Export commodities should also pass through the custom checks, in order to establish if they come under the restricted list of things.
Cost of import export business license
The cost of the import export license is dependent on the territory from which one is carrying out the business, as each authority has set their cost for obtaining the license.
- In Dubai the cost of license will be around AED 29,999
- In sharjah the cost of license will be around AED 18,500
- In Ajman the cost of license will be AED 24,000
Documents required to get an import export business license in Dubai
Starting an import export business in Dubai, you will need to get a trading license as well as register the import export company in Dubai. Application has to be submitted to DED (department of economic development). Following documents need to be submitted:-
- Company registration application
- Notarize the memorandum of association
- Bank statement of recent 3 months
- Pay the fees.
Dubai export business procedure
- Document submission to customs office
- Export declaration fee
- Custom declaration certificate issued
Documents required for export
- Approved export declaration certificate, required at the airport customs.
- Permit in case the product falls under the special category
- Sales invoice providing description, quantity and value of goods.
Dubai import business procedure
- Submission of original bill and clearance of shipping dues in order to get delivery order
- Cargo clearance should be completed before the expiry date of delivery order
- Custom clearance. Import declaration application to be submitted online and make the payment of customs duties and other fees.
- Authentication of documents by Dubai customs
- Once the container is discharged, Transport Company can be hired.
Documents required for import business
- Invoice detailing weight, value and goods description.
- Certificate of origin.
- Document mentioning the packaging and HS code of each item.
- Import permit in case the goods fall under special category