25 Feb How To Get Import Export Business License In Dubai
Dubai is one of the fastest-growing economies of the world and such it makes for an ideal trading hub. Among the many business opportunities available in Dubai, import export business is among the major businesses. And looking into the records of the past few years the export business license in Dubai has been one of the most profitable businesses.
Along with the modern infrastructure, the geographical position of the UAE makes it very popular for the export and import business. Dubai government has started many initiatives to support this business and one among them being is services which the companies can use to work in more efficient ways.
Import Export Business License in Dubai
In order to start the import-export business in Dubai, it is imperative that one gets the required license from the concerned authorities. The procedure for obtaining the import-export license is fairly simple and can be done online as well.
In case anyone is importing or exporting any of the items that fall under the special or restricted category, a special license needs to be obtained from the customs office.
Both import and export business gets a license that explains the procedure of the business that is intended to be carried out. As the name suggests import license is required to get or purchase commodities from outside of UAE, while an export license is required when anyone wants to trade in goods produced locally and intends to supply them outside UAE.
Apart from getting the required license, registration has to be done with the customs department of the UAE. Carrying out import business in Dubai requires an import code in order to bring in goods from sea or air into UAE.
Export commodities should also pass through the custom checks, in order to establish if they come under the restricted list of things.
Import Export License Fees in Dubai
Import Export license fees are dependent on the territory from which one is carrying out the business, as each authority has set its cost for obtaining the license.
- Import Export License cost In Dubai will be around AED 29,999
- Import Export License cost In Sharjah will be around AED 18,500
Documents required to get an import-export business license in Dubai
Starting an import business license in Dubai, you will need to get a trading license as well as register the import-export company in Dubai. Application has to be submitted to DED (department of economic development).
Submit the following documents to apply for an import and export business license:
- Trade name options.
- Business activity.
- Passport copies of all the shareholders.
- UAE residence visa copy of the partner(s)
- Copy of entry stamp or visa page if the partner is on visit visa.
- Passport copy and Emirates ID of a local sponsor.
Dubai export business procedure
- Document submission to the customs office
- Export declaration fee
- Custom declaration certificate issued
Documents required for export
- Approved export declaration certificate, required at the airport customs.
- Permit in case the product falls under the special category
- Sales invoice providing description, quantity, and value of goods.
Dubai import business procedure
- Submission of original bill and clearance of shipping dues in order to get delivery orders
- Cargo clearance should be completed before the expiry date of the delivery order
- Custom clearance. Import declaration application to be submitted online and make the payment of customs duties and other fees.
- Authentication of documents by Dubai customs
- Once the container is discharged, a Transport Company can be hired.
Documents required for import business in Dubai
- An invoice detailing weight, value, and goods description.
- Certificate of origin.
- Document mentioning the packaging and HS code of each item.
- Import permit in case the goods fall under special category