04 Aug How to Start a Furniture Business in the UAE?
Starting a furniture business in the UAE could be a worthwhile move for you. The demand for furniture is increasing and likely to boost even more, given the expansion of real estate, interiors, and other industrial applications. Furthermore, with the country’s ever-developing infrastructure, the standard of living, and the tourism industry, there is ample scope for high-quality furniture for varying purposes in the UAE.
So, if you are an Indian entrepreneur or a businessman who wants to start a furniture business in the UAE, continue reading. This blog will walk you through everything you need to know about starting a furniture business – the benefits, process, documents, and costs.
What Are the Benefits of Starting a Furniture Business in the UAE?
The following are some of the benefits of setting up your furniture business in the UAE:
- Starting a furniture company in the UAE involves negligible paperwork.
- Entrepreneurs /Expat enjoy full ownership of their businesses.
- The government’s initiatives for the hospitality and tourism industries will prove to be a driver of high-quality furniture manufacturing in the UAE. Moreover, many UAE hotels are upgrading their furniture to boost the number of visitors, especially after the pandemic.
- The UAE’s thriving construction sector contributes to the rise in demand for high-end furniture items. In addition, consumers are spending more on home renovations and buying better-quality furniture.
- People in urban cities of the UAE often view furniture pieces as symbols of their social status. So, their high living standards can make starting your furniture business in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, or any emirate a fruitful decision.
- Most expatriate communities in the UAE comprise people from the Indian subcontinent. Being an Indian entrepreneur, you’re likely to be more well-versed with the choice of furniture items.
- The UAE has adequate reforms and facilities to attract and retain a talented workforce, including favourable labour laws and visa reforms.
- The country has state-of-the-art infrastructure, technology, transportation facilities, and connectivity to the rest of the world. So, you can conveniently transport your products within the UAE or export them beyond the country.
What Documents Do You Require to Start a Furniture Business in the UAE?
You must have all the mandatory documents for setting up your furniture company in the UAE. Although the documentation needs vary from activity to activity, some of the general ones are as follows:
- Copies of passports and visas
- passport-size photographs
- Entry visa and stamp pages
You will need more documents depending on the business activities, company structure, and chosen location of your furniture business. Our consultants can help you with a comprehensive list of documents for your business.
How to Start a Furniture Business in the UAE?
1. Research the Market and Decide Your Business Activities
Before you launch your furniture business in the UAE, it is crucial to do market research on your potential audience. So, evaluate your competition and the demand for your products among furniture merchants, interior designers, architects, wholesalers, and residential customers.
Accordingly, decide on your target market and the type of business activities you will pursue. For instance, if you find a good market for creating customised furniture for commercial settings, concentrate your business on doing so for offices.
2. Register Your Furniture Company’s Name
Deciding on a name for your company is crucial as it is the first thing that comes to your potential customers’ minds. Furthermore, a catchy name helps in effective branding too.
One of the most preferred ways to decide on a name for your company is to select the most suitable name. Remember that your company name should be decent and easily remembered. Moreover, it can reflect your products, furniture styles, and business values.
Note: The UAE government has put together a guideline for business names. You can get assistance from knowledgeable advisors for the rules and name availability.
3. Select a Company Structure
When choosing a corporate structure, consider the goals to have decided for your furniture business. Also, consider any pertinent personal circumstances that apply. A proper company structure is critical to your company’s success. So, choose a company structure from a Limited Liability Company (LLC), or a foreign company’s branch office.
4. Choose a Business Location
In the UAE, you can establish your furniture business on the Mainland or in one of the free zones. Every location serves distinct facilities and thus specialises in different business requirements. For example, business locations like IFZA, Ras Al Khaimah and Jebel Ali free zones house many furniture companies, among many other businesses.
Ample space and accessibility are necessary for your furniture business location. So, choose according to your budget, the required area, accessibility, amenities, and connectivity with other places. Moreover, you’d need to rent or lease office space for your furniture company. Before you choose your office space, consider the current size of your workforce and possibilities for growth, the layout you want to have, and the technologies you want to employ.
5. Apply for the Licence
Having a business license would legalise your furniture company. Your business license would protect your business from being closed down. Moreover, it would ensure your company’s products and policies follow the UAE regulations. So, submit the relevant documents and pay the fee to apply for a furniture business license in Dubai or the UAE.
Our consultants can help you acquire the business license and pay the appropriate fee for your license.
6. Launch Your Furniture Company
You can launch your furniture business once you have your trade licence. Now, you can start looking for manufacturers, getting raw materials, hiring staff, creating promotional campaigns, or whatever business activities you have planned.
What Is the Cost of Starting a Furniture Business in the UAE?
The final cost of starting your furniture business in the UAE would comprise many factors, such as the costs you may incur for marketing, hiring workforce, additional approvals, office space, and many more. For that reason, there is no precise cost of a furniture business setup in the UAE. But approximately, a furniture company setup may cost from AED 25000 -30000 approx.
Our professionals can help you with the accurate cost of setting up your business in the UAE. They will consider only the factors necessary and beneficial for your furniture business so that you don’t overspend.
Start Your Furniture Business With Shuraa
Shuraa experts can help you set up your furniture business in the UAE. We will help you with the whole business setup, assisting you in obtaining the appropriate license on time.
You can choose from the many business solutions we offer. Moreover, if your furniture business has specific requirements, reach out to us as we will create customised packages according to your business needs. Get in touch with us right away!